Meetup Canceled
The meetup has been canceled, Skynet and myself are willing to host people in and near our towns if anyone is interested.. After dedicating focus on bringing new life back into TAS we will look into another meetup.
Page
of 2

Server Smash Reflections 22/4/2017

11 replies
Credits:
+450
Votes:
+51
Active
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
First of all, I would like to thank everyone for coming to Server Smash! Despite all the chaos and mayhem, TAS stood tall and held strong all the way to the end. I cannot begin to describe how proud I am of everyone that came out and represented TAS! You guys did an absolutely stellar job and I commend each and every one of you!

That said, I think a lot can be learned from this Server Smash. There are lots of areas where we did outstanding, but several more where we can improve! A good player keeps improving themselves, and TAS is full of good players! In the interests of reflecting on the Server Smash itself and having some points to work on going forward, I'd like to get feedback from all of you who attended!

Just copy the questionnaire into your post and fill in your answer below each question! Thank you all so much in advance!

---

1. What do you think we did well in this Server Smash?

2. What do think we could improve upon for next time?

3. Did you have fun? Why or why not?

4. Did you have any great fights? If so, what were they?

5. How do you think I did? Is there anything you think I could work on? (Be honest, I need the criticism!)

6. Would you like to attend the next Server Smash?

7. Last but not least, do you have any general comments or thoughts?

---
Posted Apr 22, 17 · OP · Last edited Apr 22, 17 by PrincessHa...
List
Undo
Credits:
+650
Votes:
+5
PS2 - Private
Being as though I cannot comment on the Server Smash since I had to leave in the middle of it, I will talk about your role in training the Smash team instead. In my opinion, I believe that you have been training us to the best of your ability. There hasn't been a single smash training that I left feeling that I hadn't improved in some way, granted, all I do is rez people and shoot the mans when needed. You have been critical of us when needed, and pointed out our mistakes so that we knew what to improve upon. But It's your happy go-lucky attitude that makes these trainings fun, and makes me want to come back. This is what makes us a great team in comparison to the other outfits, you care about us trying to be the best we can be, and you make sure we have fun in the process.
-Playing as a medic is a tough job, since we have to fight what everyone is trying to escape from. Death.
Posted Apr 22, 17 · Last edited Apr 22, 17 by Rentable M...
List
Undo
Credits:
+450
Votes:
+12
PS2 - Private

Gals and valks got pulled. Same with maxes etc. Beacons got passed concs got thrown. We redeployed from and spawned in. We slowed down at the end but what can you expect. It got bad but discipline held and nobody had a breakdown. At the vary least the squad functioned.

Unfortunately too often the squad wasn't allowed to function. The mossies got 1300 kills. The air was oppressive. We couldn't move around bases. Couldn't stack on doors for breaches. We'd roll up to point with half the squad dead and the other half wounded. Lev was doing all he could to shuffle us along but he was no doubt over taxed. Doesn't matter how hard we trained comms and squad positioning we weren't beating 24/7 concs, double pop, and air. Also rentable left early please ban.

Only two people had over a 1 kd with an outfit average of 0.46. TAS needs to get its shooting up across the board. We wont beat them in the air but we could on the ground. I'd recommend regular scrims.

Despite it being a massive clusterfuck I had a great time.

Stillwater defense was a great farm. When we got inside we did better.

5. How do you think I did? Is there anything you think I could work on? (Be honest, I need the criticism!)

**Edit** I watch PSB's vod of the smash and was reminded of this event.

A few weeks ago Infinint was leading the practice squad on Amerish and was task with capturing Xelas West Air. First though we had to clear up a back cap at Xelas Bio. When we flipped A they flipped B. We flipped B they flipped C, and when we flipped C they'd flipped A again. By the time we'd got a lid on the Bio and moved to take Air Dock one lone infil had flipped C. Princess made it clear then that there won't be blues in smash to clear back caps for us. We have to divide our forces to not get bogged down playing whack a mole.

25 minutes into the smash we lost Mani Satellite and a forward cap began on Mani Bio. We arrived to Cobalt holding multiple points. We flipped A they flipped B. We flipped B they flipped C. Etc. One of the few times Princess spoke was to tell Lev to use his fire teams. Two squads were waiting at Satellite to began the cap but we failed to put the lid back on Mani in a timely manner. We lost 5 minutes on that lane and Cobalt tied down twice the forces that they committed. Searro was at 6 mins when the Mani back cap started by the time we arrive at Searro it was at 1:40. To late to deal with logistics or air. When we lost Searro it cut off 6 other bases. Dominoes.

Not to be too harsh on Lev as it wasn't entirely his fault. I should've volunteered to watch a point there but I didn't. Lev was left SL'ing 1.5 squads after Princess, Infinint, and GOTR collectively borked it. /s I think we can all agree though that the team lost its best squad lead when you went to PL.

**Edit**

10/10 with rice would come again.

Cobad couldn't cap all our bases lmao. TOP ON KILLS BOYOS TKs DON'T COUNT TCHAZARNEK.
Posted Apr 22, 17 · Last edited Apr 23, 17 by yourt23
List
Undo
Credits:
+650
Votes:
+4
PS2 - Private
Being consistent throughout the entire smash. Towards the end even though we knew we lost we still kept fighting and didn't get too salty about the whole thing. A lot of the SS trainings are stress tests which definitely was a factor in this SS. We never gave up which is the important part.

Keeping the squad together during the opening. The 3 infils that went ahead of the squad to back cap the next base got wiped due to the enemy beating us there with an overwhelming force that even infils couldn't sneak by. Where we faulted was those 3 infils consisted of 2 medics and 1 heavy main, so at rime the squad holding point got wiped very quickly due to missing members of the squad. Keeping the squad together gives us full strength to hold the point more effectively.

Quicker transportation pulls, Towards the end of the smash we had an opportunity to start a back cap at Apex genetics preventing a push onto Still water, we were 5-6 seconds away from the drop when the point at Still water got flipped, this could've been avoided by having transports up early by having one person redeploy before the previous fight ends. Now the Apex Genetics and Still water incident may not have been a result of slow gal pulls but slow orders. But for future reference we need to be quicker on pulls.

I didn't have fun dying to air. I had fun shooting down the air with ranger buses/harassers.

Mani Lake fights were fun.

I don't know how you did cause Leviathan was squad lead and you were platoon lead so I rarely heard you. But when you did speak to us you were helping Leviathan get moving or motivating us. One criticism for Leviathan and Princess is when we went to defend Nott Amp was we came via gal, heard no drop location or plan. Everyone was silent for a while. Nott amp was the only time that happened but in the future make sure to tell the squad of what is going to happen after drop. Leviathan does a good job of this when we drop on triple stacks and multi point bases.

The tunnels at Nott amp. The tunnels are great, but when you have no maxes and only a fraction of the squad was listening. The squad lead needs to get people together. Now there was timer so it encouraged rush but there's no chance of getting a successful push with the little amount of people that we had. The ammo tower at amp stations is a great location for HA to fire there rockets into the sundy ball in the main building.

You didn't train us that much on how to deal with air. All training was to help build timer which we didn't do much of this SS, also we were called off at times from out back cap for example Aurora Materials Lab we had point and you told us to redeploy off it, now I heard it was Coach who ordered it, but always ask for clarification because we ended up giving up a free point to the few cobalt nerds that were there.

Of course, SS is really fun and a chance to improve.

no
Posted Apr 22, 17
List
Undo
Credits:
+2,150
Votes:
+8
I think we did as well as we could in the situation that were put in.

I think we could group up in pushed more than we did (even if it is in the spawn room). I also think that we could uses maxes morein breaches

Yes in some places no in others. I had fun when every once else was in good spirits and talking. I had considerably less fun in the middle when we had been getting beat down for a solid 45 min strait(the reason i believe that i was not able to keep good spirits the whole time is getting killed by air and not even the ppl on the ground where we are fighting over and over and not being able to put that much damage into the thing that was kill are squad over and over). I had a lot more fun towards the end because we started to affect the air ball and shoot more ppl in the face(instead of dying before we got to the ppl)i also was no loner that worried about wining and kind of forgot about the map and just played in the moment at what ever fight we where at. over all the funness of this smash was still a high 8.3 out of ten

I am really bad at base names but we dropped on what i think is mani fortes at the end and was able to put enough timer on it to stop it form flipping. I also think we did a great job pushing into save mani lake satellite when there was about 3 sec on the clock. Another time in the night we pushed back into the point at mani lake satellite and missed saving the base by a few secs but never the less i thought we breached beautifully into that room. We called conchs and HA pushed in first and meds got them up when they went down

The was brovo was in the channel but almost never near us was weird. Also i think giving the orders to levi (or just he SL) instead of just telling the whole channel what to do would be nice (this would also help the squadys know what to do easier)

FUK YA MY DUDE

I thought it was fun and was great to see TAS come together and shine through the grim out look of the smash. I would also like to THANK YOU(PrincessHaruko) and LEVI for making this whole thing possible for us TAS guys(and grils).
Posted Apr 22, 17 · Last edited Apr 22, 17 by FUTUTTYURD...
List
Undo
Credits:
+650
Votes:
+10
Streamers
PS2 - Jr Mod
We called out things, threw things, made pushes, sorted out our stuff fast. I also believe what we did well was most if not all redeploy's were on point and the time to pull was short and simple, also the battle comms were mostly un-interrupted the entire time so we were able to hear each others callouts and understand orders more clearly.

Vehicle play, both Air and Ground, also being together as a group needs to be worked on so we don't split up and die all the time. Being able to actually play on the continent that we would be on for Serversmash would be fun, but i guess that would be up to the flow of the game. Oh yeah, Maxes, we don't seem to know how to use them, maybe we should have a training for 'How to max effectively'. Always could use more info about what is happening at any one time.

When i wasn't being shot at by mozzies or complete overpop of guys in my face, i was having fun gunning down my enemies with my Outfit. So all in all i believe i had fun for most of it. Although to be honest Rime Analytics was an absolute disappointment. At about the mid point of the smash, we were getting smashed by Cobalt and their swarm of air just beaming death on us and i got to admit i thought that we were going to break apart during that but we pushed through and managed to get to the end with our fighting spirit still intact.

Yes, and yes.

To be honest i would prefer you on the ground fighting with us instead of Being Mapside. I believe you bring a boost to whatever squad you are in and would prefer the over-the-top hype Squad lead than the Platoon lead we almost never heard.

Yes i would, i liked the fast paced action and would like more. This was my first time and i am eager for more.

I have never been in nor seen a Serversmash before but now i see why people recommend to at least try it once to see what happens when the whole map is coordinated together and would now recommend it to anyone that would be into this sort of thing. As for the last thing, I would like to know your answers to these questions PrincessHaruko.
5428521211319573313.png
Posted Apr 22, 17
List
Undo
Credits:
+2,150
Votes:
+8
To be honest i would prefer you on the ground fighting with us instead of Being Mapside. I believe you bring a boost to whatever squad you are in and would prefer the over-the-top hype Squad lead than the Platoon lead we almost never heard. wrote:

:d I SECOND MON ON THIS ON 8)
Posted Apr 22, 17 · Last edited Apr 22, 17 by FUTUTTYURD...
List
Undo
Credits:
+650
Votes:
+39
You're Ok
LEVEL 1
Streamers
PS2 - Jr Mod
Thanks to everyone for all your hard work and commitment by showing up for the many, many awesome training's and the final event. Despite getting dominated by the massive Air Balls today we endured and I personally believe it was a good learning opportunity for all.

Making it through to the end and never giving up..."stick-to-it-ive-ness" as we call it down here in Texas!

Better understanding of how we can effectively deal with massive amounts of air. For me, this is something we must consider adding to our training! It really looks like whomever dominates the air will end up winning server smash. We must be prepared to bring a shit ton of anti-air effectively over and over if necessary, even if it means sacrificing a few point holds to let he enemy know we have a plan to deal with it....today we clearly did not unfortunately.

Also, when times are tough we disparately needed verbal encouragement and positive reinforcement despite getting...well...f**ked in the a**. We all own this responsibility as a team to lift each other up when times are hard. We need to look for our own (don't laugh) 'Rogue One' type moment in tough prolonged fights even if the 'Death Star' is ominously looming to wipe us all out eventually! Today just wasn't it for us--but there will be a next time. So, strap on your big boy pants ladies and suck it up!

Despite the overall pummeling by air, over and over again, I had a lot of fun!

There were definitely some great fights especially the base right outside our Warpgate that we defended repeatedly.

I think not having you in Alpha was something that we missed. Your witty, verbal repartee and outright sassy'ness is like a golden nectar we feed on as a squad....just saying. Despite that, I'm not sure the smash would have been any different today, honestly. The overwhelming nature of the enemy Air wasn't something Emerald players were going to overcome including with our own traditional point hold drop and defense style of playing which is what we repeatedly trained for. We also need in the future more training's and live that deal with taking a captured point back before losing a base in the last 60-90 seconds.

Absolutely! I get a personal 'high' out of intense situations and will absolutely promise to continue improving bringing my very best!

Stay strong and believe in each other and our ability to overcome great odds and do amazing things in the future will continue to flourish. I believe in each of you!

-Tick
Posted Apr 22, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+69
Active
LEVEL 2
Banned users
I apologize for my previous post. I said I would leave quietly, so making such comments was uncalled for. I am, of course, extremely upset that I was not able to lead you guys during the Server Smash, so please forgive me if I am unable to keep it to myself at all times. Leaving a community I love is a very stressful position to be in, so I will be making my best attempts to prevent myself from making such comments in the future.

Please delete this post if it is derailing this thread.
Posted Apr 23, 17
Credits:
+450
Votes:
+3
Untagged users
We followed directions and kept energy the whole way through.
Not much nothing to reference it from.
Hell yeah, it reminded me of an airsoft milsim which is something ive always wanted to do so its cool to have an experience of that.
not really
perfect, we need to esf more tho, learn how to use them as a tool with infantry idk.
yes
we need to learn to do tactical light assault, would be lit.
Posted Apr 23, 17
List
Undo
Page
of 2
2359 Posts
1869 Posts
1650 Posts
1163 Posts
1040 Posts
165 Votes
156 Votes